Saturday, June 22, 2013

Aloha

I am in Hawaii today! It was a beautiful way to wake up and celebrate solstice - with chirping birds (at 4am!) and palm trees. Today has been a lovely day with the family I am working for. We swam at the beach, went for a walk, ate delicious burgers and played outside.

These fearless kiddos love bugs ad creatures, and our day was full if them. Elise bumped into an ant hill and was covered in ants, and bug lover Heath captured dozens of baby cockroaches and had them crawling all over him. While I tried to brush the cockroaches off Heath he said ,"No! I love them!"

Our day also included 2 geckos - one that got released in my rental car - and 2 detached gecko tails, slugs, snails, and a few other un-identifiable bugs. I'm glad my bout with the cicadas had my happily holding bugs for the first time, because I'm not phased by all the bugs my days ahead are bound to encounter. At least, not yet . . .

One of my favorite moments from today was when I gave Elise my Luchador mask to wear, and a few minutes later I found her tackling her mom. She intuitively knew what to do when the mask was on! It's been good to hang out with kids. Their curious, playful energy is so much fun.







1 comment:

  1. These are all great pictures... especially the sihlouette, but the best one is the mini Nacho Libre moment on mom's head. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete