Saturday, July 27, 2013

Iowa

On Monday night, I flew into Des Moines to hang out with my soul friend Annie.  We met building houses in Mexico, and became friends in the back of the vans making sarcastic comments and causing general mischief.  

In Des Moines we caught up on life, ate good food and reminisced about 90s music.  Iowa has this awesome bike race called Ragbrai, and it's a ride across the state.  The riders bike anywhere from 40-90 miles per day, and each town they stop at, there's a big party, concert, food and mayhem.  Tuesday night the riders came through Des Moines, and we got to see prep work for the party.  We tried to wait for the 10,000 bikers to come zooming past us, but they never really did. We saw about 10. Apparently the rest were at the camp ground down the way. Or were still partying in the city before.  

On Wednesday Annie's best friend Stacy came into town - she also built with us in Mexico.  Annie and Stacy are 2 o the funniest people I have ever met, and I got my fill of laughter.  

Apparently I didn't get any pictures of my friends while I was with them! So, these will have to do. . . 

Here is Annie. . . 

And here is Stacy, Whose nickname is Hoody.  

Des Moines Capitol 

A cool statue full of letters at the Papa John statue park

No comments:

Post a Comment