Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Heart Chakra

After yoga on Sunday, Jamie and I went to a painting class, where we painted our Heart Chakra and the energy we felt in yoga.

I love yoga, and know that it always makes my body and soul feel better, but I haven't gone as much as I need to, and I know little about the chakras. I hope I can do it justice . . .

In the heart chakra, we open to and connect with harmony and peace.  The health of our heart, and this energy inside us, depends on the quality and power of love in our lives.

"In Sanscrit, the heart chakra is called Anahata, which means "unstruck" or "unhurt."  Its name implies that deep beneath our personal stories of brokenness and the pain in our heart, wholeness, boundless love, and a wellspring of compassion reside."

This chakra, our heart, is the center of our being, and one that needs attention and balance.  Love is a powerful healer!

It was pretty fabulous to be in a room with 7 women, all channeling our love energy.  Here is me and Jamie with our heart chakras!


Another important part of this heart chakra is forgiveness and self-love. Self-forgiveness and self-love is an important (and ongoing) process for me.  The hands in the center of my heart represent the intention of peace   I hold each day within myself.  And my sunflower is that peace and love energy bursting out into the world.  

If you meditated on your heart right now, what would you find there?


1 comment:

  1. I love your Heart Chakra and it is so wonderful be able to read about your journey. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete