Monday, April 29, 2013

Is Anybody Going to San Antone?

It was really nostalgic coming into my recent stomping grounds of San Antonio yesterday. What have I have missed about Texas since moving away? The food. The color. The friendly people. Live music everywhere! And dancing. And lucky me, I have been satiated with the full experience - all in 1 day! Breakfast tacos, a giant hamburger, and a falafel burrito from my favorite vegetarian restaurant filled my tummy. I sometimes think the way to my heart is through my stomach.. . Fiesta was this week in San Antonio, and the streets are filled with color. I love it! In 1 day, I ran into 4 sets of live music, and went dancing to Conjunto music at a fiesta party at Mission San Jose. Last year, Conjunto was a big part of my life - and I have come to love accordion music. Last night I saw Conjunto legends Flaco Jimmenez and Los Super 7. There is also something about the sky here in Texas- it seems so much more beautiful and expansive here than any where else I've been (might be that there is nothing on the horizon to obstruct the view). Don't worry mom - I'm not moving back here. I just am rekindling my love for this Lone Star state. I've been getting my fill of Vitamin D and good people, and I'm fixin' to enjoy my stay here.


Don Quixote!











Is anybody going to San Antone?

1 comment:

  1. Being present in the moment is pure magic and I can feel the magic come alive in your words. I think it is important to find something to love about every place you live. Being able to appreciate the uniqueness is a talent you have always possessed.

    I am glad you got a little shot of art and music and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete