Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Yoga? Yes please.

I love Yoga!  I have always known this, but rarely make the time in my life to go and do it.  Years ago, I would get more stressed out going to yoga, than I was at first.  My inflexible limbs were always shaking, I was beat red and grunting trying to get into, and hold, the positions.  But mostly, I was self-conscious of people noticing how terrible I was at it.  Once I was able to let go of that, and go with the intention of finding a peaceful space in my hectic life (or more accurately, my hectic mind) - I loved it!  Yoga always helps mys sore muscles relax.  It really feels like it's lengthening my stressed out back.  And it does something to nourish my soul and quiet my endless mind-banter.

Two nights ago, I went and did yoga on a bridge in the East side of San Antonio.  It was the coolest thing ever!!!  The view was so beautiful.  And as we were walking up on the bridge, an eery wind started, and a very ominous dark cloud was looming.  We started the Yoga class, and the wind went crazy.  It was pretty amazing to be doing this peaceful meditation, while wind was trying to knock us over (and blowing our shoes away).  And then the lightening started!  We held out as long as we could because it was so cool, but once the lightening started striking in all directions around us, our teacher nervously said, "Ok!  Class is over!"

Here are some pictures from that yoga experience, and then here's a video that my friend Cris shared with me.  Super inspiring.  If you haven't seen it.. . enjoy.  If you have, watch again, enjoy, then do some yoga!



Watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment