Monday, May 20, 2013

Be Safe!

When I lived in San Antonio last year, I worked for the Leune family - and I totally fell in love with them! They are generous, fun, fascinating travelers and brilliant dental industry entrepreneurs. I got to spend time in their beautiful home 3 times a week, homeschooling their daughter Sophia, and hanging out with their adorable sons Ethan and Colin.  I swear some days Sophia taught me as much as I taught her. She is a brilliant, witty talented little adult packed into a 6 year old girl. I was very sad to leave Sophia and the Leune family- but I was very lucky to spend time with them again on this journey!

They took me out to a delicious meal downtown, and then I got to spend some time playing with Sophia at their house. Sophia and I cruised around in their Bakfiet bike imported from Holland - I want one! When Sophia asked about my trip, she said she would like to make a sign to share on my blog. And her caution to the world is such a good one!

And then on Saturday when I was car-less, Scott lent me his awesome Jeep for the day. When he asked if I wanted the top and doors off, I said I wasn't sure. He said, "Courtney, you are hitch-hiking and riding buses. When will you get a chance to drive a car like this on your trip?" He was right. So off the doors went! It WAS the coolest ride I've ever had. Thank you Scott and Cassandra, for letting me be part of your beautiful, awesome family again! See you Wednesday for Sofia's piano recital!





1 comment: