Friday, May 3, 2013

Mmmm, Sandwiches

This week in San Antonio, I earned my first ever tips! My friend Cris works for Blue Star Brewing Company, and they own a kiosk in downtown Main Plaza. Cris was made the manager there, and decided to open a sandwich shop. This was his first week, and I helped him get it off the ground. After the grunt work of scrubbing for a health inspection, it was really fun. We tried new concoctions, passed out samples, listened to awesome live music and made sandwiches (and ate them) like crazy! Cris has always wanted to run a food truck, and this is a good opportunity for him to test the waters. With a Subway directly across from the kiosk, Cris has got some competition. But all his ingredients are local and homemade, and he sells beer too. With that and his charisma ( he would chase down Subway customers and ask them to do a taste test), I think he'll rock it. Now I'm on a greyhound headed north to Dallas with my 10 dollars of hard earned tips in my pocket (seriously people. Tip better! Food prep is hard work!)

Did you know that Ham is the most popular sandwich? The world's longest sandwich was over 2,000 feet long. Americans eat over 300 million sandwiches every day. What's your favorite? Mine is a Club, overflowing with goodness to the point that it is nearly impossible to bite. Mmmm. . .





No comments:

Post a Comment