Wednesday, May 15, 2013

This is YOUR Life.

When I was in Denver, my friend Jamie shared with me the Holstee Manifesto.  Have you read it?  It is a beautiful reminder that our life is precious and we need to live passionately.  Mary Oliver said, "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"  I ask myself this every day.

Part of my trip has been biking everywhere.  Without a car of my own, I have been borrowing bikes and cruising everywhere. I have loved this form of getting around - I have appreciated the space I'm in so much more! When you are trapped in a car, you don't get to look around, smell the local food, smile at everyone passing by.  It has been a blast to explore cities this way, and I love feeling the power of my body as I cycle my heart out.  The attached video that some cyclists made from the Holstee Manifesto has been pretty inspiring to me lately.

This Manifesto is important to read when thinking about how we want to live our one beautiful life.  My friend Cris reminded me that so often in interactions, we ask people "What do you do?"  Isn't it more important to know what people are passionate about?  What do you ache for and dare to dream of?  Joseph Campbell said, "Follow your bliss."

I think on this road trip, I am following my bliss.  I love to travel, meet people, follow the wind wherever it blows. I am traveling and getting lost, and I'm finding myself as I go.  I am finding new passions - biking, spoken word - and sharing them with people along the way.

What is your Passion?  What is your bliss?  Are you sharing it with the world?






1 comment:

  1. That is a cool manifesto. I wonder if it would be just that easy to make those kind of changes? Something to think about, for sure.

    ReplyDelete