Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mother Nature

When I packed for this trip, I had no idea what to bring. I knew I would be cold in Colorado, hotter in Texas, and even hotter in Hawaii. Well, the weather ended up being even crazier than I thought!

 In Colorado, I was basking in beautiful sunshine, when all the sudden it started to snow! It snowed nearly 8 inches in one day. In Texas, of course I expected to be disgusted by the 90 degree, humid weather,. . .. but I wasn't expecting some of the other weather. I got caught in the middle of a CRAZY lightening storm while doing yoga on a bridge. Have you ever seen a Texas lightening storm? Impressive. And last week, while tornadoes were hitting Dallas, San Antonio flooded. I wasn't directly in any of the crazy waist high flooding, but it was only a few miles from me. I did try to take some kids to the zoo, but the train we were supposed to get on was cancelled because the zoo was flooded. I took a video of the raging creek that was sweeping across the walkways.

 Alright Mother Nature. . . what's next?  Just, you know. . . . .keep me safe while you're at it.


The Flooded Zoo in San Antonio
 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are safe. Thank you, Sophie for bringing that up.

    ReplyDelete