Monday, May 27, 2013

Gotcha!

This weekend I spent timewith some of my favorite families- both of who have amazing, beautiful daughters who happen to be adopted. First were my friends Reece and Vinh. Their daughter Mayla is absolutely beautiful! Fate definitely put this family together. These guys are such good dads - chill, attentive, loving. . . And as Mayla was grabbing at our friend Emily's shirt, Reece was already reassuring Mayla that whether she wanted some milk or was a lesbian - they loved her.  These guys are going to be in for some trouble, because their daughter is going to be absolutely gorgeous.

After this, I went to my friend Chloe's Gotcha Celebration. Every year, Chloe and her mom Monica celebrate her "Gotcha Day," - The wonderful day that Monica got Chloe! Chloe's friend Joy - who was also adopted and who's gotcha day is close to Chloe's - was celebrating too. Slumber party! The girls taught me the "cup song" and we made a band. We played ninja, ate breakfast for dinner and talked about boys. One of the things I think is the coolest about Chloe's Gotcha celebrations... .is that when they got Chloe from China, they also bought 18 presents from China.  Each year, Chloe gets one present - she gets clothes and toys and all sorts of beautiful things.  This year, Chloe got a limited edition "Adoption Barbie" from the hotel that adopting families were staying at in China.  I've never seen a barbie like this!  Cool.  I used to live with Monica and Chloe - and I always love seeing them. They are so fun and silly, and they always take good care of me.

Here's to the universe at work, putting these 2 beautiful families together. One second with either and you can tell they were meant for each other. Love ya'll!

Mayla!! Looking skeptical

Proud Dad and Ba

Breakfast for dinner!  With Monica, Chloe and Joy

Playing around

Barbie as an adopting mother

Our Cup Song



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful families. It makes me miss you all the more. But don't stop... I love what you are doing. My heart is full as I read your journey.

    ReplyDelete