Thursday, July 11, 2013

Entourage

The past two nights I have been with my Aunt Debra and her husband Chuck in Virginia.  I don't think I've had much time with Debra all to myself, and its been great getting to talk all day.  Debra is someone whose passion I have always admired.  She is an animal activist to her core, and her home has become refuge for 6 dogs.  Today, as they all followed me around the house, I said, "It's kind of fun to have your own entourage everywhere you go."  And Debra said, "You always feel completely loved and adored."  Dogs are so good for that. 

I have never watched a zombie movie before, and in the last 3 days I've managed 2!  Last night we watched Sean of the Dead. And that isn't scary at all.  At least with those Zombies I think I stand good odds at living.  With World War Z's breed I'd be a goner.  

Today Debra and I went to Harper's Ferry in West Virginia - a beautiful, quaint town sitting between the Shanendoah and Potomac Rivers.  We got our fill of history, then headed on a 20 mile bike ride starting in Brunswick, Maryland, down through West Virginia.  One day - 3 states!  

I have adored hanging out with Debra - her poetic words (she is a brilliant writer and beautiful with language) and good company are good for my soul, and her delicious vegan food is good for my belly! I am off to bed, followed by my entourage of 6 adoring fans.




No comments:

Post a Comment