Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Thanks Zach and Kim!

I have had such a great stay with Kim and Zach!  The thing that I always love about my family, is that no matter ho long its been since we've seen each other - we always jump right in like we've been hanging out every day.  It's so easy with my family - and I feel pretty blessed in that respect.

It's been lovely catching up with these two - hearing about the amazing things they've done this year, seeing the way they've grown with each other, catching up on life, playing games, and eating candy (there were a few sugar highs involved).

Today we went to a bird sanctuary, I got to see the school where Kim works, I got a tour of the neighborhood and local creatures on a walk through their golf-course-backyard, and we played in the pool.

Since I hadn't had a phone for a week, and no internet access, I did spent a lot of time borrowing computers and phones to catch up on travel details and communication . . . .but Kim and Zach are super easy going, and we still had lots of time for hanging out, and playing.

I am super proud of my cousins for taking this adventure opportunity, rocking it, and for all the people they are helping in their community.  Happy Early 1 year anniversary Kim and Zach!  Thanks for taking care of me.

Tomorrow, I'm of to Virginia to spend some time with my Aunt Debra.

Wearing 70 year old, cob webby fire hats, probably illegally, next to the old fire truck from 1870. 
                                                       
The adorable couple

                       Kim petting a baby duck.  She wants one bad, and her birthday is coming up. . . .

                                  This was my favorite bird.  Some crazy thing from Africa.

                                               The world's most dangerous animals!
 This picture doesn't do justice to the swarm of birds that were on our heads, shoulders, and feet most times.  There were usually an average of 6 birds per person at any time.

                                                     Getting our swim face on

No comments:

Post a Comment