Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Gratitude

So - the past 2 days have been a pretty good test of the reason I'm on this journey!! Yesterday, my phone got water damage in the ocean - and the salt water corroded my poor little (new) i-phone.  In the process of trying to save my phone from the water, my favorite ring came off and was lost in the ocean.  It was a ring my mom bought me 11 years ago when she was in Hawaii - my sisters, my mom and I had matching rings.  

I don't care about the phone - but. . . .all the pictures and video from my trip were lost.  That has been a big bummer to get over.  And of course!!!  I didn't back up my stuff like every person this century knows you should.  "Tsk, Tsk."  

As I've been pretty emotional about losing these sentimental things for me, I had to laugh a bit.  I came on this journey with the intention to find love, hope, and positivity every day.  Even when people around me might be stressed, or going through hard times, or even if I was feeling wonky - "Don't worry, be happy!"  Alright Courtney, here's your test!

So, my silver linings.  I didn't lose my left pinky toe to a shark in the water - just my data to that wiley salt.  If I had to lose my favorite ring, it's fitting that it should be lost in the same place my Mom bought it for me.  And even though I had to pay a HUGE deductible for a new phone, and even though I'm phone-less for the next 3 days while in transit (not having a phone makes you realize how much you depend on it). . ..I came home to my amazing temporary family and they made me feel better.  The kids had no idea what I had been through, and they just jumped right in to playing with me the moment I walked through the door.  I really think there's nothing like a mob of kids lightening up and getting so excited to see you.  

Here is a little video that I love.  My aunt once shared it with me, and it's such a good reminder to spend time in Gratitude, rather than frustration and regret.  So, as I go to bed, I am choosing to breathe into gratitude!!



What are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment