Monday, July 22, 2013

New York, New York

Yesterday, taking the advice of my mother, I went to New York for lunch.  My gracious host family I was staying with on Long Island put me on a train to spend 7 hours in the city.  I had a great day!  

While many people might choose to visit the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building, I headed straight for FAO Schwartz.  I needed to play with some toys and listen to kids laughing.  I had a ball!  

Then I had a picnic lunch in Central Park overlooking the city.  I went to a candy shop, and climbed the Trump Tower.  I found my old roommate from Texas, Cheryl!  We only had 20 minutes to catch up, but it was so great to see her and snag a few hugs.  

I ended the day in Times Square at sunset.  There were so many people! I climbed a staircase and  got to be on one of the jumbo trons.  

As I sprinted toward my train, I couldn't help take a few pictures of people on the street.  It made me smile to see people being their crazy, bold selves.  I only had 7 hours, short an sweet and just enough for me. 


Playing the giant piano from BIG!
 
My view at lunch

My old Roomie!

Time Square

Oh there I am. . . Doing the 'I Love You' sign on the far left of the Jumbo Tron

And here is Naked Cowboy, as his underwear introduces himself

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I have always thought lunch in New York would be intriguing. You proved it to be true! I am so glad you took the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete