Sunday, June 30, 2013

Play!

So, for my second week in Hawaii, I have been hanging out with the Acker family on their amazing vacation on the beach. Susan and Pete Acker are celebrating their 49th anniversary, and they decided on a Hawaiian vacation with their family to celebrate - a pretty good choice. They have three kids, and each of them has three kids. So all week I've been hanging out with 9 little kiddos - swimming in the pool, playing go-fish, sharing Roald Dahl books, and chasing them with my luchador mask. The grown ups keep asking me 'why do you keep hanging out with them? Relax! Come hang out with us!' But. . . I love hanging out with kids! And this bunch of kids is pretty awesome. Hanging out with these kids keeps me smiling, and keeps my curiosity about life churning. Today I met a centipede, tried to catch tadpoles, played animal tag, tried to crack a coconut, and made up fantastical stories about adventures with sea creatures. We also made Lei's and had a hula dancing lesson. Playing all day . . . and I'm in this absolutely gorgeous home, with sunshine and water everywhere. Right now I'm laying in bed, listening to the ocean. I could get used to this.









1 comment: