Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Cousins!

It has been so great being able to spend time with the family I don't get to see very often. But the wonderful thing is - even if we don't see each other for 2 years, it feels like we've seen each other every day. Some people are so amazed that I actually love spending time with my family, but its part of my genes. We Cline's love hanging out with each other!

My time in New Jersey was so fun. My family made me feel right at home - I goofed off with my Uncle John like I do my Dad, I talked with my Aunt Jenny like I do my mom, and hanging out with my cousins felt just like time with my siblings.

Devin and Kieran showed me a great time - we went swimming, bug hunting, I learned how to long board, we played the Sitar, had a campfire, and went to a super fun science center. And we just caught up on life.

It was great to talk with Devin about world travels, and spend time with his super nice, beautiful girlfriend Sphokazi. I had a blast playing around with Kieran, and he was always so nice and he really looked out for me. I love these guys, and feel pretty lucky to have them in my family.

In 1994, Devin painted this plate, saying it was a picture of his "Favorite cousin Courtney with the Shiny Teeth."  I had braces back then. . . .spitting image!

Smores!

The New York Sky Line behind us



A game of giant operation!

Here's my attempt at the Sitar. . . .I kept trying to play it like an electric guitar


Devin playing the Sitar. .. .he actually knows what he's doing!

1 comment:

  1. You know how much I loved hearing my kids tackle learning an instrument. That hasn't changed at all and I love watching our family members do the same. YOu know how I feel about music. YOU were awesome, Courtney, but Devin was really good.

    ReplyDelete