Sunday, June 2, 2013

Keep Austin Weird

Now I'm in Austin, slowly moving out of the state. I can't believe I've already been in texas for 5 weeks! The past few days I have spent with a family I used to know from Seguin - Sulema, Leslie, and their son Jerry. We have done so much in Austin! Lots of shopping, driving through and sight seeing, visiting the Capitol, hiking a cathedral of junk, and meeting some strange exotic pets. My favorite part was touring the murals around the city, and melting record bowls. They have fed me so well! And it was really cool to see Jerry again. I love this kid - so charismatic, genuinely intrigued by street artists (we stopped to get tips from a few), smart, and has better manners than me! I'm excited to see what middle school - and drum line! - will bring him next year. It was great spending time with ya'll! Thanks for taking care of me!

Jerry getting Ink Blowing lessons from a street artist

Leslie and Jerry - Twins for our day out on the town

 
The Mural walls
Jerry and I atop the Mural walls

 
The top of the Cathedral of Junk

 
Vincent the "Junk King" who built the Junk Towers

 
Making Record Bowls!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment