Friday, June 28, 2013

Saturn Return

A few months ago, I was sitting with one of my very favorite people - Kristen French - talking philosophy and life.  As per usual life conversations, I was fretting over my wander lust vs. the need to be a "grown up" and do the things I'm supposed to - have a job, build a life, be stable, etc.  Kristen is always very good for my soul, and she told me exactly what I needed to hear.  She told me about my 'Saturn Return.'  A Saturn planet is on a 29 year cycle of orbit.  When a person is born, Saturn is in a specific place and position, and will return to that exact same position every 29 years.  It is philosiphized that when Saturn returns to the exact position of your birth, you are crossing a major threshold in your life.  Every Saturn Return is the opportunity for 'rebirth.'  Kristen told me "If you have spent  your first 28 years learning about yourself and the world, doing what you love, and growing, you'll be ready when you turn 29."  Kristen told me that instead of 29 being a scary omen and reminder of me not settled, it is the opportunity of a new beginning.  If I have spent my first 28 years learning about myself and the things that matter to me, 29 is a beautiful beginning that I will be ready for. 

This conversation gave me instant peace about my need to explore myself and the world.  On my birthday 2 days ago, I thought about this, and became excited about 28.  I know this year will be full to the brim of me learning about myself and my place in the world, and I know when I turn 29, I'll be crossing that threshold ready for the year to come.  

1 comment:

  1. Kristen French is one of my favorite people... And so wise, she is.

    ReplyDelete