Friday, June 7, 2013

On the Road Again

Well, unbenownst to me, my blog posts weren't publishing!  So, here are several backlogged blog posts. . . .

Yesterday, I made my way from Texas to Tennessee. The ride was absolutely beautiful! And my carpool buddies were very random, but good company. Getting from state to state has actually been a fun adventure in itself - grandparents stop reading for a moment . . . I have been using Craigslit ride share to find travelers heading my direction. I jump in the car, share gas money and driving, and enjoy the ride. This time around I was with Ashly and Tio, girlfriends headed to Boston so they can fly, and move, to France. Their dog Gontas came along, and so did some guy, who even after 19 hours in a car with, I can't remember his name. He was VERY quiet, and very dreaded. His impressive dreadlocks reached his knee caps.

On the road we passed through Italy, Texas, and took pictures with the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Texas. In Arkansas - the Natural State- we found out that they like to mesh state names together for dweeby city names- like Arkadelphia. After 19 hours on the road, I was safely delivered to my college friend Gaby's house in Nashville, Tennessee - the Volunteer State- at 3 am.

I'm excited to spend time in this country music town! I'll be even more excited if Garth Brooks happens to walk up to me and start serenading me. We'll see what magic I can work.







No comments:

Post a Comment